Thermoelectric Peltier cooler, primarily consists of semiconductor material sandwiched between two ceramic plates and are used in numerous applications from CPU coolers to alternate power sources. A thermoelectric cooling (TEC) module is a semiconductor-based electronic component that functions as a small heat pump. By applying DC power source to a TEC, heat will be transferred from one side of the module to the other. It creates a cold and hot side. They are widely used in industrial areas, for example, computer CPU, CCDs, portable refrigerators, medical instruments, and so on.
- Get ice cold in minutes or heat to boiling by simply reversing the polarity, used for numerous applications from CPU coolers to alternate power sources, or even for your own custom car warmer/cooler.
- These devices must be used in conjunction with a heat sink for best performance
- One side is for cooling (side with model number)and another side is for heating
- Use Heatsink + Fan to remove heat from the hot side. This will increase cooling in the cold side. Use heatsink paste between heatsink and Peltier module for best performance
- Operational Voltage : 12V DC
- Current Max : 6 Amp
- Power Nominal : 60 Watts
- Power Max : 92.4 Watts
- This module is a 12V module, and is rated for ~72W max (up to 14V/6A) but when used with a regulated 12V output they don’t draw more than 5A so we suggest our 12V/5A power adapter for use.
- Operating Temperature: -30? to 70?.
- Couples : 127
- Dimension : 40 x 40 x 3.6mm
- Power Cable Length : 30cm
- Personal cooling and heating devices
- DIY Air Conditioning/Cooling
- Small Car Solid State Refrigerators
- Cools water as in portable water coolers
- Heats surfaces in seconds, like in plate warmers
- Use as a temp sensor. Give a temp differential on the two sides of the module and the resulting voltage can give a measure of the differential temperature between the two plates
- TEC devices can also be used for generating electricity by simply heating the once side.
- Numerous applications include from personal water coolers / Coffee warmers, to Wine Chillers
- Manufacturer Part Number: TEC1-12706
- Voltage(V): 12V
- Umax (V): 15.4V
- Imax (A): 6A
- Power Consumptions (W) : ~60W
- Dimensions : 40mm x 40mm x 3.9mm
- Cable Length: ~260mm
- Use suitable heatsink and fan and power on the module
- Use a good quality heat sink (such as in CPU fans) with thermal paste
- Use a 12V Dc Power supply to power the TEC1-12706, observe polarity when powering the module
- The cold side will get cold and the hot side will get hot after some time. By using good heatsink and fan on the hot side, maximum cooling can be achieved on the cold side(otherwise the cold side will slowly get warmer)
1x TEC1-12706 Thermoelectric Peltier Cooler 12V, 6A, 92WATT Module