The MT3608 2A Max DC-DC Step Up Power Module Booster Power Module is a low-cost module that can step-up a 2 to 24V input voltage up to a 5 to 28V output at up to 2A. DC-DC boost converters step up the input voltage to a higher voltage while also stepping down the available current since the module can’t output more power than its inputs. This boost converter is adjustable and capable of outputting a voltage in the range of 5.0 to 28V at a continuous current of up to 1.5A depending on input/output voltage settings with 1A available with most settings. Since it is a boost converter, the input voltage must be lower than the output voltage. The device is able to use low ESR bulk ceramic capacitors rather than electrolytic caps which avoids long-term aging concerns and contributes to the compact packaging. The MT3608 converter IC has over-current and thermal limiting features built-in to safely shut the device down if driven too hard.
- Input Voltage: 2 ~ 24V
- Max. Output Current: 2A
- Operating Temperature: -40 to 90°C
- Efficiency: 93%
- It’s efficient by up to 93%.
- It can source a good amount of current.
- It is an inexpensive converter module.
- It’s simple to adjust to get your desired increase in voltage.
- The module has a single-turn potentiometer for adjustment of the output voltage.
- Turning the pot CW decreases the output voltage while turning it CCW increases the output voltage.
- The upper limit of the adjustment range will depend on the input voltage and the load. With a 9V input for instance, at 1A, the upper voltage limit will be approximately 20V.
- VIN+: Input Voltage
- VIN-: Ground
- VOUT+: Output Voltage
- VOUT-: Ground. Connected to VIN- on the module.
1 x MT3608 DC-DC Adjustable Boost Module 2A Boost power Step Up Module