The LM2596 series of regulators are monolithic integrated circuits that provide all the active functions for a step-down (buck) switching regulator, capable of driving a 3-A load with excellent line and load regulation. These devices are available in fixed output voltages of 3.3 V, 5 V, 12 V, and an adjustable output version.
Requiring a minimum number of external components, these regulators are simple to use and include internal frequency compensation, and a fixed frequency oscillator.
The LM2596 series operates at a switching frequency of 150 kHz, thus allowing smaller sized filter components than what would be required with lower frequency switching regulators. Available in a standard 5-pin TO-220 package with several different lead bend options, and a 5-pin TO-263 surface mount package.
- 3.3-V, 5-V, 12-V, and adjustable output versions
- Adjustable version output voltage range: 1.2-V to 37-V ±4% maximum over line and load conditions
- Available in TO-220 and TO-263 packages
- 3-A output load current • Input voltage range up to 40 V
- Requires only four external components
- Excellent line and load regulation specifications
- 150-kHz Fixed-frequency internal oscillator
- TTL shutdown capability
- Low power standby mode, IQ, typically 80 μA
- High efficiency
- Uses readily available standard inductors
- Thermal shutdown and current-limit protection
- Create a custom design using the LM2596 with the WEBENCH Power Designer
1x LM2596 DC To DC Buck Converter 3.0-40v To 1.5-35v Power Supply Adjustable Step Down Module