The Ball Tilt Switch Module detects when the module is tilted via a switch closure activated by a metallic rolling ball.
- Ball Tilt Switch Module
KEY FEATURES OF BALL TILT SWITCH MODULE:
- Outputs logic HIGH or LOW depending on how module is tilted.
- Built-in 10K pull-up resistor
- 3.3 and 5V compatible
This module incorporates a small metallic roller ball in a housing. When the module is tilted, the ball rolls and makes contact with switch contacts.
With the connector end of the module low, a 10K pull-up resistor pulls the output HIGH. If the connector end is raised, the ball travels to the other end of the housing where the output is grounded and thus goes LOW.
There is a 3-pin header on the assembly.
1 x 3 Header
- ‘-‘ = Ground
- Center pin = Vcc (3.3 – 5V)
- S = Signal output, connects to digital input on uC
OUR EVALUATION RESULTS:
This is a basic module that can be used to experiment with taking some action if the module is tilted. They can be though of as a simple mechanical switch.
BEFORE THEY ARE SHIPPED, THESE MODULES ARE:
- Basic operation verified
- Packaged in a resealable ESD bag for protection and easy storage.
- This is similar to the KY-20 module.
|Operating Ratings||Vcc Range||3.3 – 5V|
|Logic high||Pulled to Vcc|
|Logic Low||Pulled to Ground|
|Dimensions||L x W (PCB)||19mm x 16mm (0.75 x 0.6″)|
1x KY-020 tilt switch sensor module