This is USB to TTL 3.3V 5.5V Serial Adapter Module based on FT232RL IC. The pinout of this board matches the FTDI cable to work with Arduino boards. This board has the DTR pin which allows an auto reset the Arduino when a new sketch is uploaded in the Arduino. Thus there is no need to hit the reset button while uploading the code in Arduino.
Features of FT232RL IC:-
- Single chip USB to asynchronous serial data transfer interface.
- Entire USB protocol handled on the chip. No USB specific firmware programming required.
- Fully integrated 1024 bit EEPROM storing device descriptors and CBUS I/O configuration.
- Fully integrated USB termination resistors.
- Fully integrated clock generation with no external crystal required plus optional clock output selection enabling a glue-less interface to external MCU or FPGA.
- Data transfer rates from 300 baud to 3 Mbaud (RS422, RS485, RS232) at TTL levels.
- 128 byte receive buffer and 256 byte transmit buffer utilising buffer smoothing technology to allow for high data throughput.
Features of FT232RL USB TO TTL Module:-
- Material: PCB + Electronic Component
- Support 3.3V, 5V
- Main Color: Red
- Chipset: FT232RL
- USB power has over current protection, using 500MA self-restore fuse
- RXD/TXD transceiver communication indicator
- Pin definition: DTR,RXD,TX,VCC,CTS,GND
- Module Size: About 36mm(length)*17.5mm(width)
- Interface : Mini USB
1x FT232RL FTDI USB To TTL Serial Converter USB To UART Adapter Module